About Best of Caucasus Travel Experts
Have you ever considered a visit to the beautiful Caucasus region? Straddling Eastern Europe and Western Asia, let us help you plan an unforgettable sojourn and get off the beaten track. We invite you to travel to Georgia, Armenia & Azerbaijan.
OUR STORYOur Caucasus tours form part of GR Travel Group Limited. We’re a UK-based tour operator who specialises in trips to Russia and the countries which surround it. Looking to expand our range of destinations, comments and feedback from our existing customers led us to branch off into the Caucasus nations of Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan. These three nations are as different as they are complementary and a tour to this richly rewarding locale will be one, which you will remember long after you return home. From the lofty monasteries and archaeological ruins nestled in craggy volcanic landscapes and impossibly steep gorges, the built landscape has become a part of the area’s natural beauty. It was just too good to resist and our tours to Georgia, Armenia & Azerbaijan were born!
Though packed with UNESCO World Heritage Sites and some would say boasting an unrivalled natural beauty, this region lacks the big names that characterise some of the other areas we feature. There’s no Great Wall of China or Red Square, for instance. But don’t let that put you off - that absence means a lack of crowds too. There are few parts of the world where you can wander among st such a vast range of ancient monuments or stroll through impossibly picturesque countryside free from the bustle and intrusion that mass tourism brings. If you’ve ever wished that you could visit somewhere before everyone else finds out about it, then this is a good place to start. To cap it off, this is a region renowned for its exceptional hospitality and you’ll be welcomed with open arms to begin your discovery.
Your booking and travel convenience
As we deal with our customers, the underlying principle which guides us is that you are planning a holiday and therefore we need to make the experience as stress-free as possible. We believe you should be free to enjoy your holiday without hassle, enabling you to relax and enjoy the places you visit while on tour with us.
Upon booking your holiday to Georgia, Armenia or Azerbaijan, you’ll be assigned a personal travel consultant who will be on hand to guide you through any pre-trip formalities and offer a continuity of attention. We’ll take care of everything from transfers, excursions and visa arrangements if applicable and ensure that tours have the right balance of sightseeing and down time to ensure you’re not too tired to enjoy your surroundings. While you’re away, our 24/7 hotline gives you confidence should you encounter a problem.
We’ve committed to reducing the amount of paper we generate and so streamline the booking process for our customers. You’ll have access to a secure online area where you will be able to log on to view bookings as well as make payments and download travel documents. This isn’t just about convenience - it’s also about helping you to stay well informed.
WHY TRAVEL TO CAUCASUS WITH USHere’s why we think you should book your next holiday to Georgia, Armenia or Azerbaijan with us:
- We’ve been doing this a long time. We started offering trips to Russia over ten years ago, operating with our head office in London and operational offices in Russia, Ukraine, Germany and the United States. We have a presence at the major UK travel shows including Destinations and the Adventure Travel Show, have been mentioned in a wide range of guides including Bradt, Rough Guides and Odyssey Publications as well as numerous magazine and newspaper articles.
- We are an award winning company. We’re proud to have been the recipient of the award for Russia’s Leading Inbound Travel Agency at the World Travel Awards in 2012.
- We are experts in our field. We’ve done the research, trialled the itineraries and perfected our tours. You can rest assured that the product we offer gets to the heart of the destination and that our advisors will ensure that the tour you choose is the right tour for you.
- Personal attention is guaranteed. With a dedicated personal travel consultant taking care of you and your booking, you can relax in the knowledge that everything will run seamlessly.
- Small group tours are the norm. Sightseeing amongst a large group can be hard work with lots of waiting around and difficulties in getting up close to those smaller scale attractions. On our tours, groups of 2 to 16 people are standard, leaving you free to focus on the sights you’ve come to see without others getting in the way.
- No compulsory shopping. Think group tours are all about factory visits and shopping stops? Think again. We only stop to make purchases if our customers ask us to.
- Fair and reasonable pricing. We believe that the price you see should be the price you pay so our tours don’t feature any local payments, hidden extras or unforeseen costs that will eat into your holiday budget. Our packages are designed to ensure that whatever your travel budget, there’s a competitively priced tour out there with your name on it.
- Entertainment included. We’ll make sure that our tours include evening activities and that you’ll have the opportunity to experience any unmissable local entertainment while you’re there.
- Online infrastructure. Each of our customers is provided with a secure online account enabling you to access invoices, payments, travel documents and detailed itineraries at your convenience wherever you are.
- Visa support and transfers are included. All required paperwork for visas if applicable and airport or railway transfers are included in our packages.
For all packages we have arranged an insolvency insurance that protects any payments you’ve made to us. All details and how to claim compensation in the unlikely event of our insolvency will be displayed in your invoice. Our 24/7 helpline ensures that you can get in touch with us at any time of day or night should you need to. Our local English-speaking representatives are also available throughout your stay to deal with any queries or resolve any problems you might have.